maven-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Implementing a Maven plugin with alternate mojo/component implementations?
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 15:05:23 GMT
Hi Robert,

I managed to actually get something working in the meanwhile.

Here's what I did:
- I created an API artifact containing the interface of my modules.
- I created several Implementations of the Interfaces each one annotated with @Component with
the Role set to the Interface class and each one with an individual hint-name.
- I create one Mojo with a map property with Map<HintName, ModuleType> and a String
property to select the desired implementation (defaulting to a default string)
- Now in the execute method of my Mojo I simply read the desired implementation name, fetch
that instance from the map and use the Module interface to relay the call to that particular
instance.

Semms to be doing the jobe nicely ... is this a valid approch or would a "best practice" do
it differently?

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robert Scholte [mailto:rfscholte@apache.org]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2012 15:57
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Implementing a Maven plugin with alternate mojo/component implementations?

Here are some plugins which you should have a look at:
maven-compiler-plugin ( compilerId )
maven-release-plugin ( mavenExecutorId )

Now you need to do some Plexus-stuff, since that's the DI-framework for Maven.
Every task-implementation needs to have the same interface (plexus role) and a specific id
(role-hint) In your manager you can let Plexus fill a map based on the plexus role.
So now you can add a parameter to your plugin with a default taskId, and users can overrule
it.
I think this meets your requirements.

Good luck,

Robert