maven-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Implementing a Maven plugin with alternate mojo/component implementations?
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:33:43 GMT
Hi,

I am currently setting up a new Maven plugin project and am currently faced with the following
problem:

I have fefined a dafaultLifecycle which defines which mojos should generally be invoked in
which phase. My problem now is that I would like to have different implementations used for
performing the tasks. There should allways be a default mojo/component that is used if the
user doesn't specify which implementation he wants to use, but should offer a way to tell
the build to use a different implementation.

Would it be good to have some sort of "proxy-mojo" that is allways called and then relays
to an implementation component based upon the configuration, or would it be better do define
completely independent Mojos?  The Internet seems to be full of tutorials on creating Maven
plugins, but I haven't found a single one dealing with this particular problem.

Help greatly appreciated,
    Chris