maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>
Subject maven-exec-plugin and VM args
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 21:05:28 GMT
Hey all,

Seeing some odd behaviour with maven-exec-plugin and JVM arguments that
seem to be eluding me. I have the following config:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.2.1</version>
<configuration>
<executable>java</executable>
<classpathScope>test</classpathScope>
<longClasspath>true</longClasspath>
<arguments>
<argument>-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx1024m
                                     -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
</argument>
<argument>-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005
</argument>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>integration-tests</id>
<phase>test</phase>
<goals>
<goal>exec</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>

and yet when I run the plugin, I see all the arguments being passed to
the command line of the process, but the process never seems to setup
the debug options, or suspend the server till I connect, or update the
permgen.

Looking at the output of ps on my Mac everything looks like it should be
ok....   am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Cheers
Mark