maven-users mailing list archives

From "Levin, Ilya" <ilya.le...@hp.com>
Subject local repository problem
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:39:45 GMT
Hi,

My problem is this.
I want my maven project to take the artifacts only from the local repository.
The first mvn run is a regular one so that all artifact could be downloaded to the local repository.
The second run is with flag -o (maven offline) . and it is in fact works - maven uses only
the cache.

So in that case it's logical to think that if running offline, I can REMOVE the repository
name from my main pom (since all the artifact are cached).
BUT the minute I do that (and still running  with flag -o) maven throws this at me:
Unable to find artifact. The repository system is offline but the artifact <some artifact>
is not available in the local repository.

and of course the artifact is there. When I return back the repository name to the pom, again
it works.
So why do I need the repository name in the pom if running offline?

Thanks for the help.
ilya