maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Maven Assembly Plugin: Is there a way to specify the assembly location in the assembly descriptor?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 05:55:48 GMT
> Is there a way to specify the location of the assembly?

Not that I know of. What you should keep in mind is that Maven is intended
to deploy to a repository, and a Maven repo has a pre-defined structure.
You cannot alter that.

> Can I specify the file's full name instead of the default appending the id
> to the project file name?

There might be some hacky solutions to do something like this for the
created assembly file in the target folder. BUT, as I pointed out above,
the intended way to use Maven is to deploy to a repo. And in the repo an
artifact (your assembly for example) has coordinates (groupId, artifactId,
version, classifier and type). You shouldn't think of it as "file name".

/Anders