maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Referencing a parent POM without relativePath
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:30:46 GMT
I am playing around with getting our Corporate POM process working
correctly, but running into problems.

I have things configured so that people need to reference it without using
<relativePath>blah</relativePath> because I want them to get it from the
repository and not from Perforce. In particular, I don't want to force
people to make their project POM dependent on some arbitrary place that the
Corporate POM is mapped from source control.

This works well if the Corporate POM is already in the local repository,
but fails completely if it is not in the local repository. Even when the
Corporate POM is in Nexus, Maven will not look there for it. Is there
something I can put in the settings.xml that will force Maven to get the
Corporate POM from Nexus?

Currently people are forced to 'seed' their local repository with the
Corporate POM, which is really a hassle.

What do other people do who have a top level or Corporate POM for all their
projects?

Cheers, Eric