maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Why does mvn compiile using java 1.3?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:53:57 GMT
Actually the current behaviour is 1.5 is using Maven Compiler Plugin 2.5 or
newer (might be 2.4 but I'd need to check)

With Maven 3.1.0, the version of the Maven Compiler Plugin that you get if
you have not locked down plugin versions will be upped to a version with
this new default.

So if you don't lock things down and live on the latest Maven, out of the
box you will get Java 1.5 compatible classes until you lock things down.