maven-users mailing list archives

From Markku Saarela <markku.saar...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Why does mvn compiile using java 1.3?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:05:39 GMT
I was only saying that why organizations are not moving to JDK 7. Lot of
those organizations has policy to use only that JDK also for devepment ,
so you cannot install JDK 7.

I know you can run Maven over Java7 with older projects with some
restrictions.

One is if you project use jasper-reports-plugin  which generates classes
with that Java version which you are running Maven and then fails to use
them because the Java class files are version 51.0  and 50,0 is required
and build fails.

MArkku