maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <>
Subject Re: externalize conf files
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 22:36:58 GMT
On 24/11/2012 5:29 PM, wrote:
> hello
> into my maven projects i have the conf files (properties) and log
> configuracion files into the jars or ears.
> well i must to externalize them.
> i must to put into one external location but i dont know.
> for example i must to put when i install the app (mvn install) into one
> ourt directory, for example c:/confiles
> is this posible using maven?
> how?
> can you help me please?
> Thanks
There may be other ways to approach this but my first thought would be
to have a small assembly project that used the assembly or shade plug-in
to put these resources into a zip file (or some other archive) that
could be used to load them into the external location.

Ron Wheeler
Artifact Software Inc
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102