maven-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neater way to include/exclude DAO tests?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 23:12:34 GMT
On 2012-11-23 06:44, Stephane-3 wrote:
> Hello Dennis,

Hi Stephane

> I'm interested in how you set up your multi database servers with syntax
> specifics project.
>
> Could you elaborate on that ?

As I explained in an earlier post, we have a couple of different .ddl
scripts that helps us set up a database from scratch for running tests.
These handle the differences in syntax between database vendors when it
comes to setting up the database.

Our current setup is:
- Derby for automatic unit testing
- MySQL for integration testing using an external test database on
another server. It is activated by a profile in the POM that redirects
all tests to that database instead of the embedded Derby one.
- MySQL or Oracle in production, depending on product

> I have a MySql based project and am now trying to port it on Oracle but some
> sql statements need specific syntax.

We do not use different SQL syntax for different databases in our Java
code - we use the same DAO implementations for all databases.

> It would be nice to inject some Oracle specific DAOs in the Spring context
> when the sql syntax requires iit.

Sorry, can't be of any help when it comes to Spring...

> Thanks for any direction tips !
>

> --

Dennis Lundberg