maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Referencing a parent POM without relativePath
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:22:58 GMT
I tried putting <relativePath/> in my POM, but it does not fix things.

   <parent>
     <groupId>com</groupId>
     <artifactId>kodak</artifactId>
     <version>0.0.11-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <relativePath/>
   </parent>

I still get

C:\Users\Eric\workspace\tree-combo-box>mvn clean
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repository.ca.kodak.com:8082/nexus/content/groups/public/com/kodak/0.0.11-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
com:kodak:0.0.11-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to nexus
(http://repository.ca.kodak.com:8082/nexus/content/groups/public):
repository.ca.kodak.com
Downloading:
http://repository.ca.kodak.com:8082/nexus/content/groups/public/com/kodak/0.0.11-SNAPSHOT/kodak-0.0.11-SNAPSHOT.pom
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
net.kolotyluk.experiment:tree-combo-box:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
(C:\Users\Eric\workspace\tree-combo-box\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not transfer artifact
com:kodak:pom:0.0.11-SNAPSHOT from/to nexus
(http://repository.ca.kodak.com:8082/nexus/content/groups/public):
repository.ca.kodak.com and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM
@ line 9, column 11: Unknown host repository.ca.kodak.com -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

It looks like Maven wants to download the Corporate POM because it sees
it in Nexus, but craps out because it does not like the Project POM.
Maven seems pretty certain that it wants parent.relativePath to point to
a local POM.

Is there a <userFriendly>true</userFriendly> switch I can turn on
somewhere in Maven ;-)

Cheers, Eric