maven-users mailing list archives

From Samuli Saarinen <samuli.saari...@remion.com>
Subject Re: DAO injection in integration tests with a few database server specific methods
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:09:11 GMT
When you say
"Now I wonder which way to go so as to have a few DAO methods specific
to each database server."
do you mean that you have different methods for different databases or
same methods that execute different SQL?

I was thinking that it is the latter and if so I think you can't avoid
having the configuration. It's only a matter of where the configuration
is at. Another way could be that you have the sql externalized and
inject that based on the configuration.

br,
Samuli

On 23.11.2012 10:08, Stephane-3 wrote:
> Hi Samuli,
>
> Yes, it's probably more of a Spring configuration question than a Maven one.
>
> What I would like to avoid is having to create lots of DAO configuration
> beans for nothing.
>
> My aim is to create a DAO configuration bean and inject it only when there
> is a requirement for a database server specific sql statement.
>
> Kind Regards,
>

> --

Remion Oy           Etävalvontajärjestelmät liiketoiminnan
Samuli Saarinen           tehostamiseen
gsm +358 (0)50 3560075
fax +358 (0)3 2125064       www.remion.com