maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Seeking Maven Way advice: repos in project profile?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:37:45 GMT
I know that it is a Bad Thing to add a repository to your pom.xml.

Is it regarded by the Great Maven Hivemind :-) to be a Bad Thing if you put
a repository in your pom.xml as an (unactivated by default) profile?

I'm sick and tired of having to tell users to put repository X or
repository Y in their .m2/settings.xml file; the whole point of the pom.xml
is: download the stuff, tell Maven to build it.  :-)

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson