maven-users mailing list archives

From snekse <sne...@gmail.com>
Subject MEAR: Exception while deploying the app...Invalid ejb jar
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:45:30 GMT
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.  When I package my ear
using maven-ear-plugin 2.7, I'm able to deploy without an issue.  If I
update my pom to use maven-ear-plugin v2.8, I cannot deploy the ear and I
receive the error below in my Glassfish 3.1.2.2 server logs:

remote failure: Error occurred during deployment: Exception while deploying
the app [mycoservicesear] : Invalid ejb jar [mycoservicesejb.jar]: it
contains zero ejb.
Note:
1. A valid ejb jar requires at least one session, entity (1.x/2.x style),
or message-driven bean.
2. EJB3+ entity beans (@Entity) are POJOs and please package them as
library jar.
3. If the jar file contains valid EJBs which are annotated with EJB
component level annotations (@Stateless, @Stateful, @MessageDriven,
@Singleton), please check server.log to see whether the annotations were
processed properly.. Please see server.log for more details.
Command deploy failed.

This error is preceded by warnings such as this.

[#|2012-10-23T17:33:01.374-0500|WARNING|glassfish3.1.2|global|_ThreadID=86;_ThreadName=Thread-7;|Error
in annotation processing: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/myco/services/business/PersonService|#] (NOTE: Defined in
mycoservicesclient)

Our mycoservices project looks like this:

mycoservices
|-mycoservicesclient
|-mycoservicescore
|-mycoservicesear
|-mycoservicesejb
|-mycoserviceswar

When I explode the resulting ears, the biggest difference I notice is in
the MANIFEST.MF of the mycoservicesejb.jar.  The 2.7 version has
mycoservicesclient.jar and all of the other Maven dependencies listed for
Class-Path.  The 2.8 version has nothing listed.  From what I've read in
the release notes for
2.8<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11132&version=18269>,
nothing seems to point towards this kind of change.

Any clarification of what's going on, and more importantly, what the right
way to configure things to work on 2.8 (preferably with an explanation of
why) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Derek