maven-users mailing list archives

From Doug Kunzman <dkunz...@usgs.gov>
Subject Re: Geotoolkit snapshot
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:32:00 GMT
The networking issues are more contractual than performance and
availability.

The hours available for network administrator support are somewhat
limited.

Douglas Kunzman
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20192
Phone: 703 648-4234
dkunzman@usgs.gov

From:
"Manfred Moser" <manfred@mosabuam.com>
To:
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Date:
09/25/2012 06:28 PM
Re: Geotoolkit snapshot

On Tue, September 25, 2012 2:17 pm, Doug Kunzman wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm working on my first Maven project and find it great but we have run
> into a small issue.
> We are using a snap-shot version of the geotoolkit (
> http://www.geotoolkit.org/) because of a bug in the current release.
>
> We are in testing and am concerned that we could introduce bugs into our
> application when the snapshot release gets updated nightly.
>
> We would prefer to use a specific snapshot (like last nights build) but
> because of networking issues are reluctant to create our own maven
> repository.

Especially if you have networking issues you should use a repository
manager.

> Is there another or better solution?

You could use the explicit snapshot version number comprised of the
datetime stamp and the iterator.

manfred