maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Coy <steve....@me.com>
Subject Re: [Q] Skinny Wars and Taglibs
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:17:44 GMT
According to the JSP spec, only jars in WEB-INF/lib will be scanned for tld files (rather than
the entire classpath).

If you really want to work around this, you could try copying the tld files out of the respective
jars into your WEB-INF/ directory. The spec says the container will find these (even in a
subdirectory) and use them instead.

We just leave jars with taglibs in the WAR though.

Steve C

On 31/08/2012, at 6:03 AM, "Hoying, Ken" <Ken_Hoying@PremierInc.com> wrote:

> I am betting someone already has a clever solution to the following problem.  I am trying
to create a deployment ear which contains a war.  I did not want to bloat the ear by repeating
the jar files in both the EAR and WAR libs.  So I used the skinnyWars setting for the maven-ear-plugin
(v2.7).  At first I thought this was going to work great and it almost did.  However, my JSP
pages are now complaining that they cannot find the taglibs.  I am getting the following error:

> The absolute uri: http://www.springframework.org/tags cannot be resolved in either web.xml
or the jar files deployed with this application

> It seems that the sever really wants these jars to be located under the WAR's lib.
>
> Has anyone found a way around this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Ken

> ***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
Sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.
 Premier Inc.