maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Duplicated dependency in repository
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:41:39 GMT
Hi,

 > There is a project called Apache James, it has sub modules.
> Both the root project and sub modules have pom.xml s.
> When i delete all the repositories in my /home/.m2/repository and run one
> sub module's pom.xml, i get duplicated dependencies.

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/james-server-3.0-beta4/pom.xml

It looks like you didn't realize that the project james contains several
sub module (Maven term: multi-module build) which is represented by the
folder structure of the project....

You have to checkout the full source tree from this location.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/james-server-3.0-beta4

and this is usuall put under a folder let us call it james:

Inside that you will find many sub folders etc.

To compile and install the project you simply call from the root folder
(james)

mvn install

nothing more... There is no need to call every sub module separately
this is handled already by Maven.

Furthermore the question is why you'd like to build from sources instead
of using dependencies ...cause all this modules are already in maven
central
(http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22org.apache.james%22%20AND%20v%3A%223.0-beta4%22)

available..

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 W├╝rselen                           http://www.soebes.de