maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven/Nexus metadata interaction question
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:27:27 GMT
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM, David Hoffer <dhoffer6@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have been having nothing but trouble with Nexus and
> Maven3 with the time-stamped snapshots and all the various metadata
> files that Nexus spits out (which confuse Maven and IDEs).

Oh, so this whole thing is a Nexus problem?  Is that why none of my
maven-metadata.xml files in my SNAPSHOT directories in my Nexus repository
feature a <latest> tag (mind you, I'm guessing in the dark here about what
this tag is for, and also guessing that it is used in resolving SNAPSHOTs)?
 Am I wrong in thinking that these files *should* feature such a tag if
they are to be useful at all?  Where would I go to learn more information
about this?

It certainly seems to be the case from others I've talked to that the
"solution" is "redeploy another SNAPSHOT; that's the only way to get rid of
this, and we don't know why it happens either".  Surely that can't be the
case.  Surely there's some way to convince Maven to figure out what the
latest SNAPSHOT is in a directory?  Or to otherwise help it correct its
mistaken belief that there are *no* *possible* snapshot resolutions?  Is
this a rare problem?

Thanks for the input, David.

Thanks,
Laird