maven-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Svensson <tommybsvens...@me.com>
Subject Re: maven-jar-plugin refuses to include META-INF/persistence.xml ! - Problem solved
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 16:56:43 GMT
I finally found the source of this problem! Or close to it at least. I have managed to get
my META-INF/persistence.xml included in the jar, but I'm unsure what is to blame :-).

I'm also using the Apache Felix bundle-plugin which allows for:

	<packaging>bundle</packaging>

This due to the following configuration:

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <version>2.3.5</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <supportedProjectTypes>
                        <supportedProjectType>jar</supportedProjectType>
                        <supportedProjectType>bundle</supportedProjectType>
                    </supportedProjectTypes>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

That is, I can use either or of "bundle" or "jar" for packaging. However when i use:

	<packaging>bundle</packaging>

I don't get the META-INF/persistence.xml file in the jar.

But when I change to:

	<packaging>jar</packaging>

It is included! So my guess is that the maven-jar-plugin is affected by the packaging. The
Felix bundle-plugin still works OK with packaging "jar" so I'll stick with that for now on.

/Tommy