maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: maven-jar-plugin refuses to include META-INF/persistence.xml ! - Problem solved
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 01:54:55 GMT

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html

I didnt see your
Export-Package
Private-Package
Bundle-Activator
At execution time you will need to config the maven-bundle-plugin with configuration instructions
such as what is here:
 <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>    <!-- (2) START -->
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
        <configuration>
          <instructions>
            <Export-Package>com.my.company.api</Export-Package>
            <Private-Package>com.my.company.*</Private-Package>
            <Bundle-Activator>com.my.company.Activator</Bundle-Activator>
          </instructions>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>    <!-- (2) END -->
    </plugins>
  </build> The Export-Package of com.my.company.api indicates
the plugin will copy the Log Service package into the resulting bundle JAR file and export
to other bundles
The Private-Package of com.my.company.* indicates
the available package(s) to copy into the bundle but NOT export to other bundles

But if you really want total control of your bundle you'll want to learn BND
The *best* example of BND configuration and an explanation of BND supported attributes are
located here
http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Bnd

Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: tommybsvensson@me.com
> Subject: Re: maven-jar-plugin refuses to include META-INF/persistence.xml ! - Problem
solved
> Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:56:43 +0200
> To: users@maven.apache.org
>
> I finally found the source of this problem! Or close to it at least. I have managed to
get my META-INF/persistence.xml included in the jar, but I'm unsure what is to blame :-).

> I'm also using the Apache Felix bundle-plugin which allows for:
>
> 	<packaging>bundle</packaging>
>
> This due to the following configuration:
>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <version>2.3.5</version>
>                 <extensions>true</extensions>
>                 <configuration>
>                     <supportedProjectTypes>
>                         <supportedProjectType>jar</supportedProjectType>
>                         <supportedProjectType>bundle</supportedProjectType>
>                     </supportedProjectTypes>
>                 </configuration>
>             </plugin>
>
> That is, I can use either or of "bundle" or "jar" for packaging. However when i use:
>
> 	<packaging>bundle</packaging>
>
> I don't get the META-INF/persistence.xml file in the jar.
>
> But when I change to:
>
> 	<packaging>jar</packaging>
>
> It is included! So my guess is that the maven-jar-plugin is affected by the packaging.
The Felix bundle-plugin still works OK with packaging "jar" so I'll stick with that for now
on.