maven-users mailing list archives

From Billy Newman <newman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inherit parent version?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 00:37:33 GMT
Out of curiosity is this 'fixed' in maven 3?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2012, at 2:06 PM, "Gandhi, Pawan" <Gandhi.Pawan@pennmutual.com> wrote:

> Not bad in all cases. Can be bad in dependency resolution which no longer used in parent
pom in my case.

> In my case, parent-pom is what provides me a centralized maven config helpful for build
server to control all plugins, profiles, site related stuff, distributionManagement.

> Thanks
> Pawan

versions. IMHO mavens "deploy" goal does not put the correct resolved version into the parent
tag. Thus all versions you ever deploy will resolut in corrupt poms because they lead to newer
parent poms as soon as there is a new release an thus receive a newer version name on themselves.

> following scenario:
> Parent V1.0.0 --> Child V1.0.0 resolves to parent 1.0.0 and uses version 1.0.0 for
itself Parent V1.0.1 --> Child V1.0.1 resolves to parent 1.0.1 and uses version
> 1.0.1 for itself
> But what happens to original V1.0.0 as soon as the V1.0.1 parent is present in any repository?
It will resolv V1.0.1 because this is the newest. And know you have to childs, both of them
telling you that they are V1.0.1.

> No thats really bad.
>

> Maybe I am wrong and deploy-goal does more I am knowing of :)
>
> This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) named
above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy or delete the original message.
Also, please be aware that if you are not the intended recipient, any review, disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action or reliance based on this message is prohibited by law.