maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mvn-3] jar files causing problems
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:27:51 GMT
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.xalan:xalan:jar:2.7.1 is invalid,
> transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging
> for more details

Cat the jar file or open it in vi etc. I bet you see an HTTP 503 or a
404 or something other HTML in there instead of the proper binary jar
bits.

Most likely you have a problem in your settings.xml. Ideally you
should set up a proper local Maven Repository Manager (Nexus, Archiva,
Artifactory, etc) and leverage it for your jar access.

Wayne