maven-users mailing list archives

From Nicky Ramone <nixe...@gmail.com>
Subject Assembly Plugin: One descriptor to produce two assemblies, each with its own filter
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:40:18 GMT
Hello

I am finding a limitation with this plugin, and this post in Stack Overflow
describes the problem very well:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2753529/the-maven-assembly-plugin-is-not-using-the-finalname-for-installing-with-attach

Basically, I have an assembly descriptor that filters resources.
I would like to produce two different assemblies, where each one uses the
same descriptor but with a different filter.
Looks like the "appendAssemblyId" option puts a bit of a constraint because
the names collide when installing in the repo.

Is there any solution that I can take without having to hack a lot?
Are there any plans to deal with these cases?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers.