maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: AW: [mvn] bad artifacs returned
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:32:40 GMT
I think that I pointed this out several days ago.

We always check the full list of dependencies including the transitive
ones in our projects to ensure  that we are aware of version issues.
Our repo setup also restricts the places that Maven can ook for artifacts.

Ron

On 05/07/2012 4:41 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Perso, I would do the opposite exclusions as AFAIK xalan artifacts
> from xalan:xalan comes from apache folks.
>
>          <dependency>
>              <groupId>org.apache.ws.security</groupId>
>              <artifactId>wss4j</artifactId>
>              <version>${wss4j.version}</version>
>              <exclusions>
>                  <exclusion>
>                      <artifactId>org.apache.xalan</artifactId>
>                      <groupId>xalan</groupId>
>                  </exclusion>
>              </exclusions>
>          </dependency>
>          <dependency>
>              <groupId>xalan</groupId>
>              <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
>              <version>2.7.1</version>
>          </dependency>
>
> But that's my POV :-)
>
> 2012/7/5 Stadelmann Josef <josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch>:
>> Wayne,
>> the rampart-project.pom has the following.
>>
>> <!-- Other Rampart Dependencies -->
>>          <dependency>
>>              <groupId>org.apache.ws.security</groupId>
>>              <artifactId>wss4j</artifactId>
>>              <version>${wss4j.version}</version>
>>              <exclusions>
>>                  <!-- We exclude xalan:xalan as a transitive dependency, but include
>>                       org.apache.xalan:xalan as a direct dependency. This avoids
>>                       conflicts with the dependencies of org.opensaml:opensaml
>>                       (which uses org.apache.xalan:xalan). -->
>>

>> to say is this is only true for opensaml-2.3.3 but not for opensaml-2.5.1
>>
>>                  <exclusion>
>>                      <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
>>                      <groupId>xalan</groupId>
>>                  </exclusion>
>>              </exclusions>
>>          </dependency>
>>          <dependency>
>>              <groupId>org.apache.xalan</groupId>
>>              <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
>>              <version>2.7.1</version>
>>          </dependency>
>>
>> Josef

dependency to xalan in the dependency to opensaml?