maven-users mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Release Management with Many, Independent Projects...
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:10:08 GMT
The "dance" was only required because we have a hierarchy of poms and
one of the top-level guys had to change.  This change was required to
make the OSGi stuff "happy", so it had to be propagated down.

I ended up writing a simple ruby script that searches through all of
the pom.xml files in a directory and cuts all of the "-SNAPSHOT"
suffixes from any parent or dependency references.  Then, I went into
Jenkins and did the releases from the "top" down.