maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble downloading repositories
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:57:43 GMT
> I am just learning maven and I am having trouble with some repositories.

No, this is not a problem with repositories.

> 6\05292012\src\main\java\Book.java:[3,0] package javax.persistence does not
> exist
..
> 6\05292012\src\main\java\Book.java:[5,1] cannot find symbol
> symbol: class Entity
> 6\05292012\src\main\java\Book.java:[6,1] cannot find symbol
> symbol: class NamedQuery

You are missing one or more dependencies which means the Java compiler
cannot find classes which are imported in your code.

Looking at your pom file, it appears that you don't understand the
difference between simply having <dependencies> in your pom vs having
them listed in a <dependencyManagement> section.

Review this concept in various sources of documentation online such as:
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-project-dependencies.html

Wayne