maven-users mailing list archives

From Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using scope in dependencyManagement: good idea or bad?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 21:03:30 GMT
Hello,

we use this for dependencies which should go the test scope by default
as well. This prevents stuff like junit or mockito to be part of WARs,
e.g. The only drawback here are our integration test suites where a
lot of the code resides in src/main.

Same goes for logback-classic, which may be used in libraries in the
scope test but should be explicitely declared as either provided (by
our internal tomcat containers). As we use jcl-over-slf4j we define
commons-logging as provided by jcl-over-slf4j as well, so we do not
have to redeclare this in every application again.

Regards Mirko

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I sometimes use this for libraries (like e.g. openwebbeans-impl) which I normally only
have a runtime dependency for (generally defined via dependencyManagement).

> But in some cases you need to access some internal details. Usually I move those parts
to some 'utility' module which then has a compile time dependency to the needed library.