maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: How to overwrite property values defined in parent POM?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:00:58 GMT
Hi Jirong,

These properties are defined in top-level parent POM which I have no right
> change. How can I overwrite these values in my project?

A child POM can overwrite the value of a property defined in a parent
(unlike properties in Ant). So it should be fine to just put a <properties>
section in your child POM and set the values to whatever you want.

If you have multiple projects that all need the same overridden values,
create an intermediate parent POM for your stuff that extends the top-level
parent, then have all your projects extend your intermediate parent.

Regards,
Curtis