maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Can't figure out how to filter resources
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:26:36 GMT
Ah, I see. Yes, if you've looked at other plugin configuration examples the ellipses in this
example might be construed as a plugin block as well.

The full literal block to filter is like this:

<project>
  <!-- All your other POM configuration -->
  <build>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
      </resource>
    </resources>
  </build>
</project>

On Jun 9, 2012, at 11:02 PM, Patrick wrote:

> Sorry, but I must be missing something.  I'd already read through that many times, and
that's how I got this.  I thought I showed you how I was configuring it in the POM itself.
 I would assume the confusion is caused by all those "..." sections which REALLY make the
example unclear.

> On Jun 9, 2012, at 6:53 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.html
>>
>> Note that filtering resources is one of the special plugins that is configured in
the POM itself.

>> On Jun 9, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Patrick wrote:
>>
>>> I can't get the Maven resources plugin to filter.  Any advice?  I've looked through
the documentation, but I can't find any complete examples.  Below it what I've managed to
piece together, but it doesn't work.

>>> ./pom.xml:
>>> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
>>> <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>>>
>>> <name>seeingi-lib</name>
>>> <groupId>org.seeingi</groupId>
>>> <artifactId>seeingi-lib</artifactId>
>>> <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>> <packaging>jar</packaging>
>>>
>>> <build>
>>>  <plugins>
>>>    <plugin>
>>>      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>      <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
>>>      <version>2.5</version>
>>>      <configuration>
>>>        <resources>
>>>          <resource>
>>>            <directory>src/main/resources</directory>
>>>            <filtering>true</filtering>
>>>          </resource>
>>>        </resources>
>>>      </configuration>
>>>    </plugin>
>>>  </plugins>
>>> </build>
>>>
>>> </project>
>>>

>>> ./src/main/resources/hello.txt:
>>> Hello @name@
>>> Hello ${name}
>>>

>>> Expected at ./target/classes/hello.txt:
>>> Hello seeingi-lib
>>> Hello seeingi-lib
>>>

>>> Actual at ./target/classes/hello.txt:
>>> Hello @name@
>>> Hello ${name}
>>>

>>> Notes:
>>> I've tested this on MacOS and windows.  Windows I used Netbeans, and on MacOS
I used "mvn install".  (MacPorts version Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 09:31:09-0800)

>>> Does anyone what I'm doing wrong, or a working and complete example?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
>> and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
>>
>> -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas, but
good ideas can't save bad people.

 -- Paul Graham