maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Can't figure out how to filter resources
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:21:21 GMT
It was arbitrary and probably not the best decision, but due to the frequency of compiling,
processing resources and testing it was given a special place in the POM. Additionally because
those directories are referenced more often by several plugins. Thought was to reduce the
boiler plate in the POM, but we should have made plugin inheritance work properly and references
to shared values a little better. Things will likely move in the direction of the site plugin
where the special configuration is removed from the POM proper and pushed out into the respective
plugin configuration block.

On Jun 9, 2012, at 9:59 PM, Brian Topping wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2012, at 9:53 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Note that filtering resources is one of the special plugins that is configured in
the POM itself.

> As an academic question, what is the reason for the "special plugins" like this?  I was
teaching a 3-day Maven class a few weeks ago and I couldn't explain why it was this way other
than some kind of hangover from m1 (but couldn't remember my m1 well enough to say authoritatively).

> Cheers, Brian

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt