maven-users mailing list archives

From Patrick <kc7...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't figure out how to filter resources
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 15:57:44 GMT
Thank you.  It's working perfectly now.

Now, how would I go about trying to improve the documentation?  I thought that it should either
have a note explicitly mentioning that the resources section does not go in a plugin block,
or the first pom.xml should have the ellipses removes, and it should be listed as a complete
example.

On Jun 10, 2012, at 4:26 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Ah, I see. Yes, if you've looked at other plugin configuration examples the ellipses
in this example might be construed as a plugin block as well.

> The full literal block to filter is like this:
>
> <project>
>  <!-- All your other POM configuration -->
>  <build>
>    <resources>
>      <resource>
>        <directory>src/main/resources</directory>
>        <filtering>true</filtering>
>      </resource>
>    </resources>
>  </build>
> </project>
>
> On Jun 9, 2012, at 11:02 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but I must be missing something.  I'd already read through that many times,
and that's how I got this.  I thought I showed you how I was configuring it in the POM itself.
 I would assume the confusion is caused by all those "..." sections which REALLY make the
example unclear.

>> On Jun 9, 2012, at 6:53 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.html
>>>
>>> Note that filtering resources is one of the special plugins that is configured
in the POM itself.

through the documentation, but I can't find any complete examples.  Below it what I've managed
to piece together, but it doesn't work.

I used "mvn install".  (MacPorts version Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 09:31:09-0800)

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jason

>>> Jason van Zyl
>>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>>
>>> In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
>>> and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
>>>
>>> -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas,
but good ideas can't save bad people.