maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>
Subject Re: Can't figure out how to filter resources
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 01:53:06 GMT
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.html

Note that filtering resources is one of the special plugins that is configured in the POM
itself.

On Jun 9, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Patrick wrote:

> I can't get the Maven resources plugin to filter.  Any advice?  I've looked through the
documentation, but I can't find any complete examples.  Below it what I've managed to piece
together, but it doesn't work.

> ./pom.xml:
> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
>  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>
>  <name>seeingi-lib</name>
>  <groupId>org.seeingi</groupId>
>  <artifactId>seeingi-lib</artifactId>
>  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>  <packaging>jar</packaging>
>
>  <build>
>    <plugins>
>      <plugin>
>        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>        <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
>        <version>2.5</version>
>        <configuration>
>          <resources>
>            <resource>
>              <directory>src/main/resources</directory>
>              <filtering>true</filtering>
>            </resource>
>          </resources>
>        </configuration>
>      </plugin>
>    </plugins>
>  </build>
>
> </project>
>

> ./src/main/resources/hello.txt:
> Hello @name@
> Hello ${name}
>

> Expected at ./target/classes/hello.txt:
> Hello seeingi-lib
> Hello seeingi-lib
>

> Actual at ./target/classes/hello.txt:
> Hello @name@
> Hello ${name}
>

> Notes:
> I've tested this on MacOS and windows.  Windows I used Netbeans, and on MacOS I used
"mvn install".  (MacPorts version Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 09:31:09-0800)

> Does anyone what I'm doing wrong, or a working and complete example?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype