maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: migrating from Eclipse to a Maven build
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:29:23 GMT
On 07/06/2012 8:59 AM, Ronald Albury wrote:
> I have seen much documentation of importing a Maven project into Eclipse.
>   However, many of us have the opposite situation - we are starting with an
> Eclipse set-up and have decided to migrate to Maven for the builds.
>
> I did find one posting on the subject - the author, like myself, was
> intimidated by Maven ... and especially intimidated by the differences in
> the directory layout between Maven and Eclipse.  However, he said that
> since he was well experienced in Eclipse he was able to muddle thru it.
>   Muddle thru it how?  The only thing I can think of is to start by building
> a Maven set-up, manually moving my Eclipse files into the Maven projects,
> and then importing back into Eclipse.
>
> Surely there is a better way than that!
>
> Thanks for your patience and your assistance,
>     RonA

The directory structure is not any different except where the root is in
your source tree unless you have done some strange things with your
sources or other resources.
Have Eclipse, with M2, (or Eclipse STS) generate a Maven project for
you, add a simple dummy program and compile it. Then compare your source
layout with Eclipse's maven layout and see how much your current layout
differs.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler President Artifact Software Inc email:
rwheeler@artifact-software.com skype: ronaldmwheeler phone: