maven-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <>
Subject Can't make maven-plugin-testing-harness work...
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:29:05 GMT
I'm trying to write a maven plugin.  I've added
maven-plugin-testing-harness to my project as a test dependency, and
created a very simple test that right now just tries to load a pom
whose only content is a <plugin> section to load the plugin.

If I have it load like this:

> <plugin> <groupId>org.opennms.maven.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>

org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.ConfigurationException: Cannot find a
configuration element for a plugin with an artifactId of

I thought the "configuration" section of a plugin was supposed to be
optional.  However, if I add "<configuration></configuration>" after
the <version> tag above, it gives me a new error:

      role: org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojo
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup( I doing something wrong?  Seems like the test framework is
breaking on the simplest things, I'm not sure how to start out if I
can't even unit test this.

Code is here:

Test is at:

Benjamin Reed