maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: How does one mirror a maven repository?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 20:39:49 GMT
Given how easy it is to backup a repo and restore it, it might just make
sense to do that on a regular basis at a frequency based on your
cost/benefit analysis.
I do a nightly backup since I think that I can stand to reinstall up to
1 day's worth of effort.

I have never had a repo fail so it has been a good trade-off so far.

I also have nothing in my repo that I could not make again if I lost the
backup and the repo.

Makes me think that I have better check on my Subversion backup.........

Ron

On 01/06/2012 2:47 PM, Lyons, Roy wrote:
> I think that this is what you might be looking for...
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/wagon-maven-plugin/merge-maven-repos-mojo.html

also have rsync routinely updating it?

> Phillip
>
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Phillip Hellewell<sshock@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Our company would like to mirror our Maven repository at a remote
>> location.  Currently we've been using Nexus with a proxy repository,
>> which works as advertised, but we really need a full mirror not just
>> an on-demand cache.
>>
>> The reason we need it to be a full mirror is because we want it to
>> also serve as a remote backup, should our central repository have a
>> catastrophic disk failure.
>>
>> Is there any way to accomplish this with Nexus, or do I just need to
>> set up rsync or something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Phillip

Ron Wheeler President Artifact Software Inc email:
rwheeler@artifact-software.com skype: ronaldmwheeler phone:
866-970-2435, ext 102