maven-users mailing list archives

From Chris Beach <Chris.Be...@aspectcapital.com>
Subject RE: How can I recursively build -SNAPSHOT dependencies present in the filesystem but outside the reactor?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:36:45 GMT
Thanks Thorsten and Ron,

Some additional background:

We're a team of about 25 developers, and 100 projects/modules. All developers are familiar
with the whole suite of apps, and move freely between projects. They want to be able to work
on several projects locally without taking in unwanted -SNAPSHOT changes from our repo (Artifactory).

In our case, developers simply want to build apps together (usually two or three together
depending on the scope of the development task) to ensure the build accurately reflects the
code checked out in the developer's workspace.

We have Jenkins, which builds our projects on SCM commit, and builds dependents. This isn't
applicable for individual developer workspace builds.

Ron - the burden of checking out the whole workspace isn't a big deal for us, and we still
"peg" individual dependencies to release versions as necessary. My original question concerned
workspace builds where we intend to use limited number of -SNAPSHOT dependencies to trigger
a  selectively-recursive build across multiple projects.

I am currently building a plugin "maven-r-plugin" which internally uses Maven.execute(MavenExecutionResult)
and a file-based index of in-house artifacts to prototype a solution to this problem. Suggestions
of better solutions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

This email and any attachments contain CONFIDENTIAL information which may be legally privileged.
If this
communication constitutes a financial promotion, it is directed only at persons who are professional
clients or
eligible counterparties (as defined under the FSA rules).  The information, which is provided
on a non-reliance
basis, may be subject to verification or amendment.  No representation or warranty is made
as to its accuracy or
completeness. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this email is neither an offer to sell nor
a solicitation of any
offer to buy an interest in any fund or other investment vehicle sponsored or managed by Aspect
Capital Limited
(Aspect Funds). Any such offer or solicitation would be made only by way of the final offering
documents of such
Aspect Fund (which should be considered carefully before any investment decision is made)
and only in such
jurisdictions where, and to such persons to whom, it would be lawful to do so. Past performance
is not necessarily
indicative of future returns. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error
free.  Subject to
applicable law, Aspect (or its service providers) may intercept, monitor, review and retain
e-communications
travelling through its networks/systems. By messaging with Aspect you consent to the foregoing.
 Aspect Capital
Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a company registered
in England and Wales
under registered no. 3491169. Its registered office is at Nations House, 103 Wigmore Street,
London W1U 1QS. ASPECT,
ASPECT CAPITAL, the ASPECT CAPITAL device and ASPECT CAPITAL:THE SCIENCE OF INVESTMENT are
registered trademarks of
Aspect Capital Limited. © Aspect Capital Limited 2012. All rights reserved. For more information,
go to www.aspectcapital.com.