maven-users mailing list archives

From Billy <>
Subject forkMode always ignores groups?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 16:12:35 GMT
I am trying to separate my unit and integration tests into testng groups. I
have them separated into different executions the maven-surefire-plugin
section of the pom (included at the bottom of this message).

When forkMode is set to never, the grouping is obeyed however in the tests
the @Before* methods are never executed.

When forkMode is set to always the @Before* methods are executed exactly as
expected, but the grouping is not obeyed (it runs the integration and unit
groups as part of the default execution).

This seems to be the way the plugin wants to behave since I cannot find
anything to tweak that will make it work. My question is, how can I get the
@Before* methods to work AND have it obey the groupings.

maven 2.2.1
testng 5.11
surefire-plugin 2.7.1

and finally, the plugin configuration:

Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message