maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Using scope in dependencyManagement: good idea or bad?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:03:48 GMT
I sometimes use this for libraries (like e.g. openwebbeans-impl) which I normally only have
a runtime dependency for (generally defined via dependencyManagement).

But in some cases you need to access some internal details. Usually I move those parts to
some 'utility' module which then has a compile time dependency to the needed library.

LieGrue,
strub