maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thorsten Heit" <thorsten.h...@vkb.de>
Subject Some questions about Webby
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 13:47:11 GMT
Hi,

today I decided to give Webby a try. Apart from Webby Core I also
installed the embedded Jetty 8.x container. So far, so good.

Some questions:

a) How does Webby deal with dependencies having their scope set to
"provided"?

Our applications are mostly WARs / EARs that are deployed into WebSphere
Application Server 7.x. Therefore a couple of dependencies such as
javax.servlet:servlet-api or javax.mail:mail are specified in the
pom.xml's with scope "provided".

Using such an application with the embedded Jetty container results in
ClassNotFoundExceptions; using a local Tomcat 7.x installation (on which I
have the necessary jars copied into the lib folder) works, although it
seems to me to take a bit longer for startup.

b) Can I use Webby to debug web applications via HTTPS?

The locally installed Tomcat instance is already configured for accepting
SSL connections. This works well as long as I'm debugging my application
via Eclipse, WTP and m2eclipse-wtp, but obviously not when using Webby.
Creating a run or debug configuration lets me only choose a normal HTTP
port, but there's nothing about HTTPS...

Regards

Thorsten