maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lewis, Eric" <Eric.Le...@ipi.ch>
Subject AW: Findbugs 2.4.0 fails with NoClassDefFoundError
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 16:05:10 GMT
Hi Wayne

Thanks for the reply.

Just now we had another idea (after searching for hours), and it showed that the fault is
on our side, so I apologize for the mail...

The real issue was that we had to upload our own Findbugs 2 version into our Nexus repo (due
to Proxy problems), and somehow that POM was corrupted, without any dependencies.
So while Findbugs 2 was found, all its dependencies were not, and the only reason it worked
on the test system was the local repo. After cleaning that, the build also failed.

Anyway, what we learned: Be very careful with third-party JARs that you upload to your repository.
Well will now clean it up soon!

Thanks & best regards,
Eric

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012 18:00
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Findbugs 2.4.0 fails with NoClassDefFoundError

> We're having a very weird error with the latest Findbugs plugin.
> It works fine on our test build server, but it fails on our production build server.
> When running in debug mode, we can see that the classpathes of the test and production
servers differ.

This should not occur if you have plugin versions locked down in your
pom.xml files and aren't using profiles and don't have local (not
checked in yet) changes in one environment. Did you check "mvn
help:effective-pom" in both environments to compare plugin and
dependency versions? Also compare the settings.xml files in the 2
environments.

Are you literally checking the full code tree out from the same place
into the 2 environments, then running the same command and getting
different results?

Wayne