maven-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Medina <cerebrotecnolog...@gmail.com>
Subject Dependency in an assembly (zip file)
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 23:05:55 GMT
Hi,

  I have a project A with multiple modules, one of the modules called
"alfa" has  "jar" <packaging> that produces a JAR file but it also
produces a ZIP file through the maven-asembly-plugin.
  In my Nexus repository I get the JAR and ZIP file as

                 alfa-X.Y.Z.jar
                 alfa-X.Y.Z-alfa.zip

   I have a second project B where I need to specify the ZIP file as a
dependency, but I can't figure how to specify this dependency. I
tried:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.example.projectA</groupId>
            <artifactId>alfa</artifactId>
            <type>zip</type>
            <version>X.Y.Z</version>
        </dependency>

but as I expected that looks for alfa-X.Y.Z.zip , not alfa.X.Y.Z-alfa.zip

How do I modify project A or project B to be able to specify the
dependency in the ZIP file ?
Does project A should be of "pom" packaging rather than "jar" ?

-Jorge