maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Findbugs 2.4.0 fails with NoClassDefFoundError
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:59:49 GMT
> We're having a very weird error with the latest Findbugs plugin.
> It works fine on our test build server, but it fails on our production build server.
> When running in debug mode, we can see that the classpathes of the test and production
servers differ.

This should not occur if you have plugin versions locked down in your
pom.xml files and aren't using profiles and don't have local (not
checked in yet) changes in one environment. Did you check "mvn
help:effective-pom" in both environments to compare plugin and
dependency versions? Also compare the settings.xml files in the 2
environments.

Are you literally checking the full code tree out from the same place
into the 2 environments, then running the same command and getting
different results?

Wayne