maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: converting Build.xml to pom.xml
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 09:10:49 GMT
There is no simple conversion. I strongly suggest you first of all
read one of the free Maven books, or similar docs, to get a grip on
what Maven is. Then you need to forget how Ant did things and
re-implement your build with Maven. Maven is different from Ant.
Trying to convert one-to-one from Ant to Maven is the first step to
failure.

And also, please search this list's archive or Internet, there have
been several similar questions before with answers.

/Anders

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM,  <rishi.x.aggarwal@accenture.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Maven. Due to project requirement I have to convert build.xml file to pom.xml
file.
> Is there any steps that I have to follow to create a new pom file for my java project.
>
> In our project we have certain targets in build.xml file. How can I define same targets
in POM.xml file.

> Kindly do the needful.
>
> Thanks & Best regards
> Rishi

> Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone
calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of
security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.