maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Disabling profile that is present in settings.xml activeProfiles section
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 21:42:40 GMT
Hello; I am seeing behavior that I had a question about regarding
deactivating profiles.

I have a settings file that contains:

<activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>foo</activeProfile>
</activeProfile>

I invoke a build elsewhere like this (in part):

mvn clean help:effective-settings -P"!foo"

I get back this (in part):

<activeProfiles xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0">

    <activeProfile>foo</activeProfile>

</activeProfiles>

I would have expected that the foo profile would have been deactivated.  Or
does the <activeProfiles> section in settings.xml trump the command line
(which would be the only case, yes, in all of Maven where a file trumps the
command line)?

Thanks,
Laird

--