maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing SNAPSHOT redundancy
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 16:22:53 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:

> Don't add "-o" to this. That's something different not impacting
> artifacts produced in a multi-module build.

Right; I know; it sets the offline status.  I used it here to prove a
point: that when present, Maven will not go to remote repositories.  I
wanted to force readers to think about the fact that no repo other than the
local one had the potential of being used.

> "install" is not required for a multi-module build. (It is sometimes
> when using Maven 2, but everyone should be using Maven 3 so this is
> not a problem.) The so-called reactor of a multi-module build will
> handle the artifact not being present but rather use the content of
> the target folders.

Aha; that would explain why my maven-dependency-plugin:unpack goal keeps
failing on trying to unpack a directory.  Some days you just can't win.
 :-)  Thanks for the tip, though!

Best,
Laird

--