maven-users mailing list archives

From Swapnil Sapar <swapsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Changes Plugin 2.8?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 06:41:35 GMT
smart move :)

Alright, here is something I found w.r.t MCHANGES-280
MCHANGES-280 is...
1. NOT reproducible with maven 3.0.4
2. NOT reproducible when using default goal execution i.e *mvn
changes:announcement-generate*
3. Reproducible only with maven 2.0.1 and using *explicit* goal execution
i.e. *mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin:2.7:announcement-generate*
4. Also reproducible with *older* version of plugin i.e. *mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin:2.6:announcement-generate
*5. NOT reproducible when used changes plugin is used in any other project.
(I tried it on a new sample project and could not reproduce by any means).

Which means MCHANGES-280 is specific to maven 2, seen only on the
maven-changes-plugin codebase, when used with explicit goal execution and
NOT specific to v 2.7.

I suspect (just a guess) this could be a bug deep in the code maven
runtime.
I tried explicitly adding the maven-shared-resources as a dependency to
maven-changes-plugin under <pluginManagement> but that did not help.

    <dependencies>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.maven.shared</groupId>
              <artifactId>maven-shared-resources</artifactId>
              <version>1</version>
            </dependency>
    </dependencies>

I'm not sure how to fix MCHANGES-280.