maven-users mailing list archives

From "Iordanov, Borislav (CIAO)" <bo...@miamidade.gov>
Subject circular dependency with common test classes
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 05:51:26 GMT
Hi,

I'm a relatively new Maven user. I found an exact description of my problem on StackOverflow,
but no solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10174542/resolving-maven-circular-dependencies-between-test-testhelper-and-project-unde

One can easily get around the problem by first building the core project with -Dmaven.test.skip=true.
But the Eclipse plugin is not so smart and I can't load my projects in Eclipse.

I think this a legitimate case that Maven should be able to solve on its own since the common
test classes (Atesthelper in the StackOverflow post) are declared as a test scope dependency.

Is there any solution available for this problem (splitting the main project in two is not
an option, and it would be a terrible hack just to satisfy a Maven limitation)? Any plugin
or configuration trick?

Thanks much in advance!
Boris