maven-users mailing list archives

From Farrukh Najmi <farr...@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Subject Modules in multi-module project being build twice
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 13:21:04 GMT

Hi Guys,

I have a multi-module project to which I recently added a new module as
the last module.
When I build the project it builds all modules but the last module fine
and then fails to build the last module and gives the stack trace below.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:jaxws-maven-plugin:1.9:wsimport (default) on project
xxxx: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML
11Configuration cannot be cast to
org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:jaxws-maven-plugin:1.9:wsimport (default)
on projec
t regrep-bindings: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration cannot
be cast to org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.executeForkedExecutions(MojoExecutor.java:365)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:199)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
         at
         at
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration cannot be cast to
org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
         at
org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.execute(WsImportMojo.java:204)
         at
org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.MainWsImportMojo.execute(MainWsImportMojo.java:15)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
         ... 23 more
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration cannot be cast to
org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(Unknown Source)
         at
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.readers.SAXCatalogReader.readCatalog(SAXCatalogReader.java:238)
         at
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.Catalog.parseCatalog(Catalog.java:680)
         at
com.sun.xml.ws.util.xml.XmlUtil.createEntityResolver(XmlUtil.java:270)
         at
com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsimportOptions.parseArguments(WsimportOptions.java:207)
         at
com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsimportOptions.parseArguments(WsimportOptions.java:149)
         at
com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsimportTool.run(WsimportTool.java:167)
         at
org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.wsImport(WsImportMojo.java:274)
         at
org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.processLocalWsdlFiles(WsImportMojo.java:236)
         at
org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.execute(WsImportMojo.java:191)
         ... 26 more

The last module is really just to perform an assembly of a zip file from
artifacts in various other modules using maven-assembly-plugin.
When I inspect the log (with -X option on) I see something strange that
I cannot explain. For some reason it seems that the building of the last
module  is causing the root / parent pom module to be rebuilt all over
again causing its sub-modules to be rebuilt as well. This would normally
be an infinite recursive problem but for the exception that is
encountered when building the first sub-module regrep-bindings during
the unexpected second time build.

If I rebuild the last module using the -rf (resume from) option of maven
then it builds just fine.

The log file (with -X option) is available here:

http://tinyurl.com/blsdone

The questionable part of the log can be found by searching for "[INFO]
Forking" in the log file. It is unclear why that project is being forked
during the maven-assembly-plugin execution during the build of the last
module.

Can any one please help me figure this one out? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com