maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de>
Subject Re: help needed: problems with eclipse, m2e and wst
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:27:08 GMT
Hi Jeff, hi Kalle,

thanks for your hints. I will give webby and sysdeo a try.
Jetty-run will not help as I need a way to run and debug directly from eclipse
including code hot deployment.

I used Sysdeo a long while ago, and just had other problems.
Maybe its better now...

Regards
  Jörg

> You should also have a look at sonatype webby, it is based on cargo and it
> works almost instantenously on Maven war projects
>
> Jeff
>
> Le samedi 5 mai 2012, Kalle Korhonen a écrit :
>
>> I've always found WTP's generic container support to be too slow and
>> too limiting for me. Sysdeo's Tomcat launcher allows for more explicit
>> control of the classpath, google or see
>> http://tynamo.org/Developing+with+Tomcat+and+Eclipse for more info.
>> run-jetty-run plugin is another good and simple choice.
>>
>> Kalle
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Jörg Hohwiller <joerg@j-hohwiller.de<javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I have problems running/debugging a WAR module out of a maven based
>> multi-module
>>> project in Eclipse using WST and Tomcat.
>>>
>>> The problem is that the classpath is wrong.
>>> When I build the WAR and manually deploy to a local tomcat webapps
>> directory all
>>> works fine. However in Eclipse I get these ClassNotFoundExceptions.
>>>
>>> When I expand the JEE sub-modules of the WAR module in servers view,
>>> I can see that there are modules missing. If I select the WAR module
>>> in Projects view and check
>>> Properties > Java Build Path > Libraries > Maven Dependencies
>>> everything is there...
>>>
>>> Maven > Update Project... does not help either. Nor removing the WAR
>> module from
>>> Tomcat and adding once again. Nor cleaning Tomcat.
>>>
>>> This lead me to the config file
>> .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component
>>> When I manually patched this file by adding the missing modules and
>> refreshed
>>> the project the problem goes away.
>>>
>>> Searching the web I found this one:
>>> https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MECLIPSEWTP-146
>>>
>>> However this is fixed already in 0.14.0 and I am running
>>> m2e 1.1.0.20120130-216 with m2e wtp in 0.14.0.20110928-2045
>>>
>>> Anyhow the entries with the JAR including Version still can be found
>>> in my org.eclipse.wst.common.component
>>>
>>> Mybe the fix did not make it into 0.14.0 ?
>>>
>>> Any ideas but going back to "mvn eclipse:eclipse" ?
>>> I always avoided m2e before and now just started loving it until I ran
>> into
>>> these problems...
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>  Jörg

If know-how becomes know-where, then knowledge gets nowhere.
  [Jörg Hohwiller]