maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: help needed: problems with eclipse, m2e and wst
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 14:06:30 GMT
Having dependencies on Eclipse projects can be problematic.

1) If you think that the problems is Eclipse related, you might want to
try Springframework's Eclipse STS. It comes with everything that you
need to use maven
to build Java projects.

2) What Repo server are you using? It is highly recommended to use a
repo with maven and deploy your snapshots when they are ready to be used
in other projects.

3) Turning off Eclipse's use of other projects to resolve dependencies
means that you are sure that your dependencies are being resolved from
your local Maven folder on your workstation which you have been put
there by  a maven build and install.

Ron

On 04/05/2012 3:25 AM, Jörg Hohwiller wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> thank you for your help and response...
>
>> You're talking about missing dependencies to libraries, not Maven modules, it
>> that correct?
> No. I mean internal dependencies to my own artefacts not external libraries.
> Or in other words dependencies on eclipse projects.
>
>> Did you try going to Project Properties>  Deployment Assembly ?
> Yes. This is where the "org.eclipse.wst.common.component" file is
> configured. I can also fix my problem here by clicking "add" and then
> "projects" and then selecting the missing projects.
>
> I am absolutely and 100% sure that the missing projects are dependencies
> of that WAR-packaging module/project. I also checked by "dependency hierarchy"
> tab of the m2e POM view as well as with mvn dependency:tree.
>
>> Is "Maven Dependencies" shown?
> Yes, it is. However only if the project dependencies are also present,
> it works.
>
> Then IMHO this is a bug of m2e such that these maven dependencies are calculated
> wrong or exclude the eclipse internal project dependencies
> and those are calculated wrong by m2e-wtp.
>
>> If not, click on Add>  Java Build Path Entries>  Maven
>> Dependencies>  Finish
>>
>> Then, to be safe, remove the project from Tomcat in the Servers view, click
>> Publish, and add the project to the Tomcat instance in the Servers view.
> Unfortunately that's not the case.
>
>> HTH,
>> Daniel Serodio
> Best Regards